Saturday, August 15, 2009

1.07 Broken Rules

Summary and spoilers

With Agent Bly ramping up the harassment by threatening to arrest Fiona, Michael needs money to fund the battle. His client is Ernie Paseo, a shop owner who is handing over daily protection money to two hoods who work for a woman boss. For 20 thousand dollars, Michael assumes the role of a crazy hood. He tries to scare the mob away, but instead ends up working for Concha, the woman boss. Concha’s first assignment for Michael is to kill Ernie - and his family. Michael manages to avoid this assignment and instead turns Concha’s lieutenant into her assassin.

Meanwhile, under threat of more harassment of his family and friends, Michael accepts Bly’s offer to take a job as a security guard. Michael has other plans, however; unknown to Bly, he sets up a joint Bly/Weston offshore business and deposits large sums of money over and over. Combining that with other incriminating evidence of their friendship, Michael makes it look like Bly is on the take. To keep this a secret, he requests that Bly get and show him his burn notice dossier. Then, just to finalize things, he drives off in Bly new red Mustang convertible!

Comments

There are a limited number of times that Fiona is going to accept "Can we talk about this later" as Michael’s response to discussing their relationship.

In this episode and the last, the split screen is used occasionally to spice up chase sequences.

Burn Notice Quotes

Fiona: You know, you have always had a problem with my work. I have always supported you!
Michael: I’m helping people! You’re running guns! Big difference!

Michael: I’ll see what I can do.
Ernie: No! Don’t ‘I’ll see what I can do’. Do it. It’s the last chance we got.

Michael: Here you go, Sam. [gives some money to Sam] Buy your girlfriend some flowers.
Sam: Oh, Mike, it’s gonna take more than flowers.
[Michael gives more money]
Sam: I mean, she’s pretty pissed. This Bly was rude, I mean really rude.
[Michael gives more money]
Sam: She’s feelin’ a little better now.
[Michael gives more money]
Sam: Okay, perfect, thank you. I’ll get the check.

"This neighborhood is mine! You hear me? My neighborhood! My neighborhood! This neighborhood is MINE!"
- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment